Electrical engineer well versed in the design and deployment of complex RF hardware systems to join an engineering organization that designs and delivers leading edge communications products
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of RF hardware for tactical radio products. This individual will be a member of a cross functional development team with hands on responsibility for the RF hardware development from the definition of requirements through the integration and testing of the completed product. Strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability work within a large engineering team are required. The successful candidate must also be able to describe complex system solutions to audiences of varying technical backgrounds and establish support/enthusiasm for a proposed solution.
This role requires strong leadership and teamwork skills. The candidate will be expected to lead technology initiatives beyond their own core technical specialty, relying on team members from other specific disciplines as required. The candidate will work collaboratively across the engineering organization to focus on the requirements management, technical baseline creation, review and approval, technical roadmap creation and aspects of system engineering process compliance including, but not limited to, process artifact review and approval and risk management/analysis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead role in RF hardware research, design, and development of software defined radio systems
- Application of the principles and techniques of electrical engineering, computer engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Make design decisions and assess technical risks in light of understanding customer requirements
- Execution of hardware development processes in accordance with Harris business practices
- Perform detailed design of RF circuitry
- Perform radio integration with other subsystems including Digital circuitry, FPGA, DSP and embedded firmware
- Perform subsystem and radio level verification and validation testing using formal techniques
- Introduce designs through new product introduction processed into manufacturing
- Identify, track and repair assigned hardware defects.
- Engagement in project post-mortem reviews in order to assess future process improvements.
- The ability to complete assignments on a self-directed basis with only high-level direction provided at the start of tasking.
Provide leadership in the development of technical staff through strategic hiring, mentoring, and training
Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate degree and a minimum of 7 years prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to work autonomously and with others to resolve technical issues
- Ability to obtain US Government Secret Security Clearance
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent discipline
- Exposure to RF Communications Systems desirable
- Exposure to test scripting programming language such as LabView or Matlab desirable
- Experience with ASICs, PLLs, DACs, Amplifiers and Power Supply circuitry desirable
- Tactical radio communications, waveform development, video processing/encoding, and networking knowledge
- Experience with the Capability Maturity Model – Integrated (CMMI)
- Experience with DOORS or equivalent requirements management tools a plus
- Ability to work autonomously and with others to resolve technical issues.
- Proven and effective communications skills, interpersonal skills and customer focus are a must.